8.05.2020

Focaccia Art

It's amazing how creative people have been getting with baking during these longs days of staying safe at home due to quarantine requirements. I made plain focaccia in the early days but after I saw focaccia art popping up on Instagram, I knew I eventually wanted to try it out! It was very fun to make a little scene atop the focaccia with fresh veggies and herbs and they actually add additional yummy flavors to the finished bread.
Before Baking

Baked Focaccia Art

Focaccia Art

  • 1 recipe focaccia bread- I used the Bon Appetite Recipe for Easy No-Knead Focaccia Bread
  • veggies and herbs of choice- I used baby bell peppers, small zucchini, yellow squash, kalamata olives, chives, thyme, oregano leaves, shallots

Before baking the focaccia, place vegetables on top of the bread. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with flaked sea salt. Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes.
Serve with sliced cheese and meats for an easy appetizer.



Original plain focaccia I made before I learned about making art out of it!



No comments :

Post a Comment