7.11.2013

Kona Inn Banana Bread

I grew up with my mom making this awesome banana bread for us when she had bananas that were too ripe for us picky kids to eat. She got the recipe from our local Junior League's cookbook,  Private Collection: Recipes from the Junior League of Palo Alto.  It is incredibly moist and one of the most delicious, simple banana breads you have ever tasted- give it a try- it will become your favorite, too! I made mini loaves so I can bring a loaf to my parents when we go back to Tahoe this weekend. Since I am adjusting to my new oven, I baked this batch a few minutes too long (notice the dark edges), but it still tasted great.

Kona Inn Banana Bread

2 cups granulated white sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
6 medium ripe bananas, mashed (approx 3 cups)
4 large eggs
2 ½ cups cake flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350°f. Lightly grease two 9 inch loaf pans.
Cream together sugar and butter with electric beater until light and fluffy. Add bananas and eggs, beating until well mixed.
Sift together dry ingredients. Blend with banana mixture and mix just until moistened. Do no over mix.
Divide batter between two prepared pans. Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, until firm in centers and edges begin to separate from pans.
Cook on rack for 10 minutes before removing from pans. Give a loaf to a friend and they will love you!
Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment