7.29.2013

Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken with Parmesan Cheese

My son loves oven baked chicken tenders that I make often, but I wanted to try a new recipe that might be easier and less messy to make. These are chicken tenders, parmesan cheese and prosciutto all rolled into one bite.  I added a few additional ingredients to some of the others (on the right) including basil and sun dried tomatoes for my husband and me... they were delicious! But my son preferred a few chicken strips that I baked with just slices of parmesan on top- I guess he's not a huge fan of prosciutto after all.
The prosciutto chicken Parmesan "cigars" are on the left and chicken with prosciutto, sun dried tomatoes and Parmesan on the right

Deconstructed chicken bites with prosciutto, Parmesan, sun dried tomatoes and basil

Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken with Parmesan Cheese

2 chicken breasts, cut into chunks or strips
8 sheets of prosciutto
8 long slices of parmesan cheese from a block of parmesan (you could probably use shredded parm instead)
few tablespoons sundried tomatoes
fresh basil, julienne

Slice chicken breasts into smaller pieces. I cut two breasts into 10 pieces. Lay prociutto slices flat on cutting board and placechicken and piece of parmesan cheese on top. You can also put sundried tomatoes and basil with the cheese or olive tapenade, and cheese on top of the chicken- whatever flavors you like! Roll and place seam side down on foil lined baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick canola oil spray. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment