10.22.2013

Chicken Breasts Baked on a Bed of Mushrooms

Yeah for chicken and mushrooms~ they are meant to be together!!! I was inspired by a chicken/ wild mushroom recipe I saw in the Silver Palate Cookbook, but since I didn't have wild mushrooms in my cupboard, I made do with pre-sliced cremini and this dish was delish...you've gotta try this! Serve it with mashed potatoes or wild rice and it could be a great entree for guests, too.

Chicken Breasts Baked on a Bed of Mushrooms

2 chicken breasts, halved 
1 pound sliced cremini mushrooms
2 tablespoons butter
1 large shallot, chopped
1/4 cup sherry
1/4 cup whole milk (or cream if you have it, but I didn't and it tasted great)
salt and pepper 


Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat and saute shallot until softened, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and sautes for 5 more minutes. Add sherry and milk (or cream) and simmer for another 3 minutes. 
Spoon mushroom mixture into a shallow baking dish. Arrange chicken breast halves in single layer on top of the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and cover baking dish with a piece of foil.
Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Enjoy!



No comments :

Post a Comment