1.03.2014

Lunch at the Ivy and New Year's Day at the Rose Bowl


Happy New Year to you all!!
My husband, Jeff, and I are ready to cheer on Stanford at the Rose Bowl!
My mom, son Andrew, Dad, daughter Sophie, nephew McKinley, daughter Madeleine and niece Anika
in the stands at the Rose Bowl

My family just spent the past few days in Southern California enjoying incredibly warm and beautiful weather and having some fun adventures along the way. We were fortunate enough to attend the Rose Bowl again this year to cheer on Stanford and although they lost, we still had some fabulous days together with the fam.

On the way down, we took a side trip to Six Flags Magic Mountain where our kids had a ball going on all sorts of crazy roller coasters. Andrew and I experienced the Superman Ride  together which scared me silly- the ride goes up to 100 miles per hour backwards and sounds like a jet airplane. I had my eyes closed the whole time~What a terrifying thrilling experience I had with my son!
Sophie, Andrew and Madeleine about to go on the crazy Superman ride at Magic Mountain
My mom treated the girls in our family to a lovely lunch at The Ivy on Robertson Boulevard in Los Angeles where we thoroughly enjoyed the quaint atmosphere, the beautiful pottery plates and cups and very attentive service. Even though we had no celebrity sightings, it was a wonderful afternoon with just us gals while the guys were hanging out at Venice Beach.
My daughters and I were happy to be together for a special lunch 

 Delicious Lobster Ravioli

Grilled Vegetable Salad with Lobster


All of us enjoyed our fun New Year's Eve lunch together at the Ivy




There were beautiful bunches of roses in every room

No comments :

Post a Comment