2.11.2014

Tasty Banana Blueberry Bread

I saw Giada making this bread on her show and since I had ripe bananas and fresh blueberries, I thought I would try it. It is sweet and moist because of all the fruit and tasty if you love blueberries. Unfortunately, my kids prefer their banana bread with chocolate chips, but my husband and I sure enjoyed it.


Banana Blueberry Bread

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
2 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup fresh blueberries

Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Spray three mini loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray or one large 9x5x3inch loaf pan.

In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice.  In large bowl, beat whisk sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until blended. Stir in the mashed bananas and blueberries. Add the dry ingredients and stir until just blended.

Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan(s). Bake large loaf for about 1 hour or mini loaves for 40-45 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes and remove from loaf pan and cool on wire rack. Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Giada

No comments :

Post a Comment