5.08.2014

Mini Meringue Chocolate Chip Cookies

A friend of mine was having a bad week a while ago and I wanted to make her a little something to try to "sweeten" her day. I am not usually very successful with meringues and whipped cream, but these worked out great. They melt in your mouth and my kids loved them. I think they made my friend happy, too!

Tasty little bites

Mini Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies

4 large egg whites (at room temp-important so that they whip up fluffier)
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 250° and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Beat together egg whites, salt and cream of tartar until blended. Add vanilla and beat until stiff peaks form and egg whites are glossy (this took my hand mixer in a glass bowl about 8 minutes). Fold in chocolate chips. I sprinkled a few chocolate chips on top, too, so you can see them from the outside.
Drop batter by tablespoons onto prepared pans, about 11/2 inches apart. Bake 35 minutes. Turn off oven and let cookies rest in oven for 30 minutes. Remove cookies and cool completely.



Pop some in a fun jar and brighten the day of a friend~

No comments :

Post a Comment