7.29.2014

Baked Vegetable Frittata

Eggs and veggies are wonderful combined together and make a perfect meal any time of the day. Last time I made a spinach and cheese frittata, I baked it in the saute pan. This time I transferred the sauteed veggies into a buttered glass pie dish, and which was thicker and just as delicious!  The beauty of this recipe is that you can use any vegetables you have in your fridge- I had a HUGE zucchini that my friend gave me from her mother-in-law's garden. I sauteed it with a small amount of red onion and seasoned it with thyme, kosher, salt and pepper and sprinkled a little bit of Jarlsberg on top. Delish!


Baked Vegetable Frittata

3-4 cups diced vegetables (ideas: zucchini, mushrooms, red, yellow or green pepper, spinach, kale, tomatoes, squash, asparagus, broccoli, potatoes)
1/4 red onion, diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
6-8 eggs, beaten 
1/2 cup grated cheese (cheddar, Jarlsberg, crumbled feta, parmesan)
kosher salt
pepper
whichever herbs you like- fresh basil, dried thyme, oregano

Saute onion in olive oil until soft. Add vegetables and saute until softer, but still firm (I cooked the zucchini for about 5 minutes) and season with salt, pepper and herbs. Put vegetables in buttered glass pie dish. Pour beaten eggs over veggies and spinkle top with grated cheese. Bake in 350° for 25-30 minutes until set. Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment