7.15.2013

7-Up Biscuits

My Aunt emailed me this recipe when she first learned about my blog and after I looked at it, the ingredients intrigued me. The recipe sounded easy but I thought with the addition of 7-up was a little odd and that it would be sweet like shortcake. 
On a whim, I tried them making them with dinner tonight, and I kid you not, my son out of the blue said these were the best biscuits he's ever tasted. Coming from Andrew, that means a lot. Try them out on your family and see what they think!


7-Up Biscuits
2 cups Bisquick or other baking mix
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup 7-up
1/4 cup butter

Preheat oven to 425° Put butter in 8x8" baking dish (or 9x9" if you have one, but I didn't and 8" turned out great) and set pan in oven as it preheats so butter melts.  Remove pan from oven as soon as butter melts.

Combine Bisquick and sour cream in mixing bowl, using fork to blend until crumbly. Add 7-up until combined.

Sprinkle additional Bisquick or flour over counter. Plop dough on flour and add a bit more flour on top. Tap out dough until it is about  ½ inch thick. Cut into 6 pieces. Place each of the pieces on top of the melted butter. I crammed mine into the dish!

Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown on top. Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment