7.14.2013

Brown Sugar Chewies

My kids asked me to make Butterscotch Oatmeal Squares (you can find my recipe here) tonight when they smelled the banana bread baking in the oven. Although I love how easy the Butterscotch Squares are to make, I was ready to try a new brown sugar based dessert, so I did a little research and found this recipe that looked easy and tasty.  Since my kids don't love nuts, I made them without nuts. My kids gave them two thumbs up and said they reminded them of blondies without chocolate chips. I personally think adding pecans would make them even more delicious- they would taste like a bite of pecan pie.


Brown Sugar Chewies

1/4 cup butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
optional: 1/4 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350°F.  Spray an 8x8" square pan with cooking spray.
In small saucepan, melt the butter. Take off the heat, add brown sugar and stir until smooth. Stir in egg. Add flour and baking powder. Stir in vanilla.
Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes. When cool, dust with powdered sugar if desired. Enjoy!

1 comment :

  1. ohmygod these are amazing!!!! thank you sooo much for this original and delicious recipe!!

    ReplyDelete