4.09.2014

Easy Chicken Stroganoff

Over spring break, my kids and I had a wonderful adventure to La Jolla where we had a fabulous time hanging out on the beach enjoying the sand, sun and sea. I brought a pile of magazines that I never seem to have time to read at home.  I ripped out lots of tasty looking recipes and creative holiday ideas (yes, I even had a Martha Stewart magazine from December that I had not opened yet) during the few moments I had to relax in between kite flying walks and burying my kids in the big ol' hole they worked at digging all day!

The recipes for fast chicken ideas in Rachel Ray's magazine looked awesome and I tried this one last night- it's a winner! I clearly love the flavor of stroganoff as I have been drawn to making it before with ground turkey (go here to see the recipe). I cooked a full pound of fettucine since my kids can never seem to get enough pasta, so it was not overly saucy. I bet if you make this recipe with just 8 ounces of pasta like it calls for, the dish would be a bit creamier.


Easy Chicken Stroganoff

  • ounces fettuccine (i used a full pound)
  • 1 pound sliced cremini mushrooms
  • 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2-inch pieces
  • tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 chopped shallot
  • tablespoon flour
  • 1/2 cup chicken stock
  • 1/2 cup pasta water (take out of the pot of boiling pasta before you drain it)
  • cup light sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • salt and pepper
  • chopped parsley for garnish

  • Cook pasta; drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Season chicken with salt and pepper; in large skillet over high, cook in 2 tbsp. olive oil, 8 minutes. Transfer to plate. Cook mushrooms and  shallots in remaining olive oil, until browned and soft.  Stir in flour, then chicken stock and pasta water; simmer 2 minutes. Stir in sour cream and Worchestershire sauce; simmer 2 minutes. Add chicken; simmer 1 minute. Toss with pasta and season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!


No comments :

Post a Comment