11.28.2014

Simple Cauliflower Soup with Toasted Garlic

It's soup season! I just love soup- it's a warm, satisfying meal in a bowl. I have recently been making variations on my favorites... I added tortellini and eliminated potatoes from my Italian Sausage and Vegetable Soup which was a huge hit with my family, and I made my Quick Potato Corn Chowder even quicker by using a big bag of frozen hash browns instead of chopping up potatoes.

This is a simple and delicious Cauliflower Soup recipe that has just a few ingredients and yet tastes complex and rich. The roasted garlic adds an extra tasty bite on top!



Simple Cauliflower Soup with Toasted Garlic

3 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 head cauliflower, chopped
5 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon thyme leaves
kosher salt and pepper

Cook the garlic in the oil in a large pot over medium heat, stirring until golden, about 2-3 minutes. Remove and reserve the garlic.
To the pot, add cauliflower, chicken broth, thyme, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Simmer until tender, about 20-25 minutes.  Transfer the mixture to a blender or use an immersion blender and puree until smooth. Top with garlic and additional thyme before serving. Enjoy!

Recipe from Real Simple

No comments :

Post a Comment