5.11.2016

Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Chicken

When my daughter, Madeleine, served herself some of this curry tonight she asked, "Is this Indian curry or Thai curry?" Not knowing the difference myself, I guessed that it was "Indian" curry because the recipe called for garam masala, which is more typically found in Indian cooking than Thai. Whichever type it is, my family loved the flavor and I appreciated the ease with which one can make it. I whipped together the sauce the night before and popped all the ingredients in the crock pot before I left for work the next day. Add rice to the rice cooker when you get home, steam some green beans and you have dinner on the table!


Slow Cooker Coconut Chicken Curry
  
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 8-10)
3 large yukon gold potatoes, cut into chunks
1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
1 green bell pepper, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves
1 6 ounce can tomato paste
1 15 ounce can coconut milk
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 tablespoon garam masala
1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
cilantro, if desired

Add chicken thighs and potatoes to slow cooker. In a food processor of blender, add onion, bell pepper, garlic, tomato paste, coconut milk, curry, garam masala and salt. Blend until smooth. Pour mixture over chicken and potatoes and cook on low for 6 hours. Serve over rice with chopped cilantro. Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment