3.22.2020

Spinach Rice Bake

Staying at home so much these days means more time to cook, which can result in leftovers galore. I had a bowl of rice from several days ago ready to be reinvented and since I do not like to waste food, I was looking for a creative way beyond fried rice to use it.  I found this Eating Well Recipe that was perfect as I also had a box of spinach that was nearing it's end...a very tasty way to pull together what might be hanging around in the fridge! I made this with cheddar cheese as I did not have feta, but I bet the briny addition of feta would make this dish delicious if you have it!



Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Generously coat a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.


Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and spinach; cook, stirring, 1 minute more. Transfer to a large bowl. Add rice, cheese, pepper and salt to the bowl and stir to combine.

Whisk eggs and milk in a medium bowl. Stir into the spinach-rice mixture. Transfer to the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula.

Bake until lightly browned in spots, about 25 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.

No comments :

Post a Comment