5.27.2015

Parmesan Rice Cakes

Our family loves to mix an egg with left over pasta in a bowl, sprinkle with parmesan and zap in the microwave for a quick breakfast or snack (see here for how we do it!) My husband gave me a rice cooker for Mother's Day and my daughter made a huge batch of rice last night, so we had lots of leftovers. I thought it would be tasty to make rice cakes in a similar fashion to our egg pasta, but instead of microwaving a bowl, I lightly fried them as little cakes and they turned out great! Perfect way to use up left over rice~


Parmesan Rice Cakes
1½ cups precooked rice
2 eggs
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 green onion, sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil

Whisk eggs in medium bowl and add rest of ingredients except oil. Add 1 tablespoon of oil in non-stick pan over medium heat. Add large spoonfulls of rice mixture in pan and press lightly. Cook 3-4 minutes per side until brown. 

Serve with additional green onions and sour cream if desired (my daughter loved eating them with apple sauce, like she does with lattkes!)


No comments :

Post a Comment